The Official Drama Queen

In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE the ATTENTION.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Back to regular programming...

I'm still a little bit depressed over yesterday's drama, and a sure-fire way to get me to (slowly) move on are SHOES.

So what's for the Second Day of Christmas?


It's the YSL Cage Heels!

Introduced to us during the Yves Saint Laurent Spring-Summer '09 Collection, these futuristic heels received mixed reviews from the fashion world--others saw it as genius, while others cringed at it. Well, the YSL house is known for fashion innovation.

The term "shoes are made for walking" clearly does not include the Cage Heels, as they have 4.5 inch heels that will make you look like a Greecian goddess, but I can only imagine the punishment it will put your peds through. If you're the type to suffer for fashion, then I guess the torture is worth it.

In fact, Hollywood celebrities were all over the "Cage Rage" (sorry, can't help it)--from Kim Kardashian to Beyonce to Shoe Queen Jane Aldridge.

In my opinion, The Cage is just that--a rage, and it is unlikely that it will reach iconic status. Much like the jelly sandals fad of the early 2000's, it is just way too trendy to have the longevity of say, ballet flats. But knowing fashion, I'm sure it will be reincarnated and revamped 10 years from now.

But that doesn't mean it's not drool-worthy and I wouldn't love to have one (if I can afford the steep price tag). But as far as practicality goes, I think I'd settle for inspired by versions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home